Saturday, October 17, 2009

Detour to Asp Avenue Parking Garage

Due to the U2 concert, northbound Asp Ave. has been closed all week leaving access to the parking garage dependent on the South Oval causing traffic problems for some students.

The major concert coming to Oklahoma has been scheduled for several months. Tickets were sold early in the summer for discount student tickets to see U2 in concert at the Oklahoma Memorial Stadium. Monday morning an e-mail was sent with temporary parking procedures by the Asp Ave. parking facilities. No parking is allowed on the street outside the facilities, and access to the garage has been diverted to the South Oval.

“I got her at 9 [a.m.] this morning, traffic was crazy,” said OU student Ronnie Carrillo. “I thought I was going to be late to class!”

The concert will be causing Gaylord Hall to be shut down, as well. Students can gain access to the labs with a student ID by calling the lab technician on duty. The street will be reopened on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment